Schmidt Automotive focuses on the production of complex powertrain and engine components. It specializes in balancing module assembly, camshafts, balancing shafts and gear wheel manufacturing.
- Based in Westhausen-Lippach, Germany
- Opened in 1985
- Specialise in balancing systems, camshafts, balancing shafts and gear wheel
- Serve the commercial vehicle and passenger car markets
- Spanning two countries: Germany, USA
The player supports TAB to change the controls. Update Required<br/>To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your <a href='http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/' target='_blank'>Flash plugin</a>.
- Camshafts have a direct impact on performance, controlling the input of fuel and release of exhaust flamesCamshaft and Balancing ShaftsRead More
- Differential Cases tansfer an engine's torque to its wheels, helping them spin at different speeds.Differential CaseRead More
- Lanchester Balancing Systems were developed by MAT Foundry, offering all the benefits of a standard balance shaft, minus long rods.Lanchester Balancing SystemRead More
Foundation of Schmidt Maschinenbau GmbH by Herbert Schmidt
Expansion of company with new location at Eberswalde
Patent: Balancing Shaft (joint development project with HERZOG INTERTEC GmbH
Acquisition of majority stake in Shcmidt Mashinenbau by MAT
Patent: Rotationally Symmetrical Hollow Body and method for producing the same
As a system supplier of complex assemblies, Schmidt Automotive has long been a partner to the OEMs and actively supports the development process, supporting our customers in finding the best solution concerning manufacturing and function, the simulation of load conditions and prototype testing.
Our manufacturing facilities are located in Europe and North America with the headquarters located in Westhausen-Lippach in South Germany.
As a part of our sub-supplier management, we assume responsibility for all items and thereby support our customers directly in all fields of parts management. This includes the entire procurement process and quality management.
News and blogs
What Is Hypermiling and How Safe Is It?
13th Sep 2023Read More
Is There An EV Gender Gap? Why Female Drivers Are Reluctant To Go Electric
10th Aug 2023Read More
Behold The Lowest Car In The World...
17th Jul 2023Read More
The Cars of The Future: What Will AI's Impact Be On The Motoring World?
14th Jun 2023Read More
How Has Deglobalisation Impacted Automotive Manufacturing in the UK?
7th Jun 2023Read More
8 Decarbonisation Tactics That Are Cleaning Up Automotive Manufacturing
30th May 2023Read More
Revealed: How Tired Drivers Could Soon Be Targeted With New Breathalysers
12th May 2023Read More
Dangerous Drivers Beware... Drones Are Watching
13th Apr 2023Read More
What is E-Fuel?
6th Apr 2023Read More
What Do Car Colours Tells Us About UK Motorists?
15th Mar 2023Read More