MAT Foundries Europe has over 40 years experience manufacturing safety castings made of ductile iron for the passenger and commercial vehicle industry from its 2 state-of-the-art plants in Germany.
- Based in Saarland, Germany
- Operational since 1970s
- Specialise in brake calipers, pump housing and backing plates
- Foundry capacity of 75,000 tonnes
- Serving commercial and passenger vehicle markets
- 500+ staff
The player supports TAB to change the controls. Update Required<br/>To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your <a href='http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/' target='_blank'>Flash plugin</a>.
- Backing plates hold other components together, assisting cars in braking.Backing PlatesRead More
- Calipers help a car come to a halt. They're available in two forms, floating and fixed.Brake CalipersRead More
- Commercial vehicle calipers are found in commercial and heavy good vehicles, stopping them in the face of soaring temperatures.Commercial Vehicle CalipersRead More
- Differential Cases tansfer an engine's torque to its wheels, helping them spin at different speeds.Differential CaseRead More
- Diesel Injection Pump Housing components control the volume, pressure and timing of fuel sent to injectors.Diesel Injection Pump HousingRead More
- Lanchester Balancing Systems were developed by MAT Foundry, offering all the benefits of a standard balance shaft, minus long rods.Lanchester Balancing SystemRead More
- Wheel Flange components are mechanically locked onto one side of an axle and stop a car's tyres from falling off.Wheel FlangeRead More
Foundation of Columbus Neunkirchen Foundry in the building from Bendix Foundry.
Start of production.
Accounted for 40% market share of disc brakes for passenger cars in Europe.
Product innovation - Backing Plates for heavy duty vehicles.
Record tonnage 91.700 tons per year.
Acquired by MAT.
New metling shop opened.
MAT Foundries Europe invests heavily in manufacturing technology, process organisation, research & development and testing technology to produce the best brake, chassis and powertrain components available. All supported by decades of experience.
With more than 800 employees dedicated to full customer satisfaction and meeting highest quality requirements of OEM and Tier 1 customers, MAT Foundries Europe is your reliable partner for ductile iron automotive application.
News and blogs
The Drive To Survive Phenomenon: How A Docuseries Transformed F1
15th Feb 2024Read More
What Are Turbo Roundabouts and How Do They Work?
9th Jan 2024Read More
Bi-Metallic Disc Line (Infographic)
14th Dec 2023Read More
Two Steps Ahead: How Buying Behaviours Are Changing in the Automotive Industry
14th Nov 2023Read More
What Is The Scandinavian Flick and How Do You Perfect It?
12th Oct 2023Read More
What Is Hypermiling and How Safe Is It?
13th Sep 2023Read More
Is There An EV Gender Gap? Why Female Drivers Are Reluctant To Go Electric
10th Aug 2023Read More
Behold The Lowest Car In The World...
17th Jul 2023Read More
The Cars of The Future: What Will AI's Impact Be On The Motoring World?
14th Jun 2023Read More
How Has Deglobalisation Impacted Automotive Manufacturing in the UK?
7th Jun 2023Read More